Facebook. Twitter. Google+. Instagram. YouTube.
All of these are amazing social media platforms that can be instrumental in helping with an entrepreneurs marketing plan. However, when it comes to really splashing your skills so potential customers or employers notice be sure to jump to LinkedIn!
Why? LinkedIn has many elements that the other social media platforms do not include. In fact, it is a huge site for putting prospective employees with employers!
Here are just a few reasons why this site is well worth your time – whether you are “job shopping” or not:
1. LinkedIn offers an opportunity to upload your current resume, spotlighting your skill set.
2. LinkedIn offers a way for you to connect with people in your field and groups that share your interests.
3. Posts are shared on LInkedIn and can be re-shared via TWITTER – giving you double the exposure of your blog, articles, etc.
4. You can’t deny that LinkedIn is now the new want ads. Here you can job search locally and globally. Moreover, you can post jobs if you are looking for talent! Much more “verifiable” than Craigslist and definitely a professional matchmaker!
5. You can share your programs and social media talents with integrated platforms – such as Slideshare.
6. There are varying levels of membership. The premium memberships allow you to connect directly with people on a more personal level, especially helpful if searching for employment or to make B2B connections.
7. A basic membership is FREE.
8. This platform can be an extension of what you do locally, such as BCBC.
This is what LinkedIn users sometimes forget, however:
1. This platform is not Facebook or for crowd sourcing funding.. So don’t post your plea to help fund your new book or video and simply don’t ask for donations to help with a charitable event either.
2. Negative comments on LinkedIn are just as detrimental to your career as anywhere else on social media.
3. Don’t over post. You need not switch your resume each time you write a blog or find out your Klout score has raised.
To learn more about LinkedIn visit their website at Linkedin.com