There are many great resources to build a home based company. In fact, the reason so many of the women who participate in the Beach Cities Breakfast Club is to share information and learn from the more successful and seasoned entrepreneurs.
Here are some helpful tips that have been shared during our meetings that we wish to pass on to readers of the BCBC blog:
1: Have a website. You can’t build a company in 2016 without a website presence. Even if you are involved in direct sales, such as AVON or TUPPERWARE, you need to be part of the company with your own online page.
2. Use local small business resources such as the SBA (Small Business Association.)
3. Consider going to business oriented meetings that are offered via Meet-up or EventBrite. Both are excellent places to learn about upcoming events that are geared to learning about starting, growing and maintaining a business.
4. Watch TEDtalks. There are some excellent TEDTalks videos via YouTube. You will find a lot of inspiration and reasons to be motivated as an entrepreneur via these dynamic speakers, as well.
The 20 most watched TEDtalks
5. Read business oriented content. Huffington Post offers everything from small business and start up features. Sandy Abrams , author of YourIdea,inc. often interviews up and coming companies – her information is well worth a look! Don’t dismiss other great print and online media available via Inc., Forbes and among others.
6. Learn from trends in social media. Wade through all the family pictures and rhetoric people post and you WILL find some excellent content on social media that is business oriented. Linkedin will give sage biz advice, while infographics that are very helpful can be found on Pinterest. And…Twitter chats can also be fabulous resources. To find a list go here.
We hope these resources help and be sure to let us know if you have any questions!